Conveyancing and property law

We understand that buying a property can be stressful, especially if you are buying your first home. Our experienced team is here to guide you through the process while giving you expert legal advice and making the transfer process smooth and stressless.

If you are buying or selling a property you will need to have a contract of sale prepared by a property lawyer or a conveyancer. If you are buying a property, it is advisable to get the section 32 statement and the contract of sale explained to you by one of our property experts. We will advise you on the section 32 statement, contract of sale, and the transfer process.

Whether you are a first home buyer, buying your dream home, or an investor, it is important to check the eligible stamp duty concessions and governments grants before you purchase. Our property experts will discuss with you and apply for the eligible stamp duty concessions.

Purchaser’s caveat – Purchaser’s caveat will protect your interest in the property once you entered into the contract of sale. It operates as a safety barrier preventing certain dealings with the real property. It also acts as a warning or a formal notice to others that you have an interest on the land for a particular reason. A ‘caveat’ in Latin means ‘beware’, and lodging a caveat warns others dealing with the property that someone has an interest in the property.

One requirement to lodge a caveat is that you have a caveatable interest. A caveatable interest is an interest in the property that allows a caveat to be registered on the title to a property. Any person lodging a caveat without a reasonable cause may find themselves liable to pay compensation to a person who suffers a financial loss as a result of the caveat. Our property law team will check whether you have a caveatable interest before lodging a caveat on your behalf.